How many people do you know who (I have come across all these, some quite often):
1. Believe google earth/street view could be used as a replacement for CCTV – e.g. to catch theives.
2. Are completely unable to understand the idea of a location in a file system, despite repeated attempts to explain it – e.g. – cannot find a saved file unless it is in the default directory of a given application.
3. Never empty their camera cards or back up their contents.
4. Do not have the slightest idea what is meant by memory sizes – e.g. would not know the difference between a 4GB SD card and a 64MB SD card.
5. Think day and night is caused by the sun going round the earth.
6. Think that clutches wear while the pedal is completely pressed down.
Know any other extreme tech misconceptions? Please post them below.